Would you ever just throw your money away? One Indonesian businessman is planning to do just that this coming Sunday as a publicity stunt for his new book. Tung Desem Waringin is planning to drop 100 million rupiah ($10,600) out of an airplane over the country’s capital Jakarta, where thousands of Indonesians live on less than $1 a day. Police may consider prohibiting the stunt however, since they fear huge crowds and chaos as people fight over the free money. We don’t know how well this will work as advertising, and we doubt many will use their new-found “riches” to purchase his book. What’s he going to do? Write his book title on the bills? Shout from the sky with a megaphone?
- You probably are carrying cocaine right now
- Think of the late fees! Finnish library book returned over 100 years late
- Bestselling Holocaust memoir turns out to be a hoax, too late to do anything about it
- List: The 10 Airline Fees That Should Never Exist
- Woman accidentally throws out $200,000 with the trash